Do use marketing within your creative career?
Want to receive more creative work?
In order for you, as a creative, to gain more work on a consistent basis, you need to market your services to others.
Creatives who have a ton of talent often don’t market themselves correctly, which is a massive shame! You need to get your face out there and tell everyone about your services in order to gain more work for yourself, that this blog post can help with!
Within this blog post, you’ll discover 3 eye opening tips to level up your creative marketing, that can help you secure more work, more clients, and more money as a result!
If you’re a creative, from an illustrator to a designer, we’ll love to see what you’ve got! Simply submit to us for free, over on our submission page! We’ve got a strong 1000+ artists on our community, and you could be our next valued member!
Send Offline Marketing Material
With marketing, it’s essential to attract people towards your work.
Like the great Seth Godin said, “Marketing is a contest for people’s attention”, and he couldn’t be more right!
So with your social media marketing, eye catching online portfolios and your networking that you’re doing within the creative industry, sending offline marketing material is essential to keep work coming your way.
Here’s a few ideas to help you with your offline creative marketing ideas;
- – A postcard or greetings card – this could be seasonal, thanking someone on a great project together, or just a little marketing stunt to get them to hire you in the future
- – Something a bit more unique – a desk tidy (pen holder), calendar, poster, or something that they’ll see everyday on their working desks
- – Package within a neat little branded bag or envelope, that includes leaflets and how to contact you in the future. This will give you an edge of professionalism to your work
With anything that you post offline, making sure it’s unique, professional and something the person will see everyday is a must.
If you print a set of leaflets that you just know will go in the bin, then this is a waste of time and money. However, if you for example print some really nice calendars with your illustration work on, then this is much harder to throw in the bin, because they look so nice!
Think about creative ways you can grab people’s attention, and you’ll be remembered.
Show Your Work Off To Everyone, Everywhere!
Being a creative is the easiest thing to market towards another people.
Because you have something attractive to show other people, that’ll make others sit up and take notice.
Creatives make attractive images, eye catching designs and incredible paintings, so you need to use what you’re great at within your marketing.
Use images within your Tweets, Google+ posts to your Facebook posts, and make this the prominent thing within your marketing. Don’t hide behind words, but let your images do the talking.
We react to the visual world in comparison to the written world, so make sure you’re using what you’re great at to your advantage, and make everyone aware of it!
Network Like Crazy!
People do business with people, and this is so important within the creative world.
Like all marketing, you need to tell everyone about what you do and what service you offer, and the more people you tell, network and shake people’s hands, the better.
Of course, you need to do this in a friendly, professional and not in your face kind of way, but it’s highly beneficial to network with other people.
You may be asking, how can I do this? Well here’s a few pointers;
- – Research Your Local Networking Group – Simply Google ‘Networking groups around [Your Location]’, and you’ll see groups that you can attend
- – Go to Industry Talks And Conferences – This is somewhat harder to achieve as it may not be close to where you live, but it’s always good to travel into your local City to attend these sorts of events
- – Social Media Networking – Local areas and creative industries often do Twitter chats on a weekly basis, and this is a great way to network with others.
The more people that know about your creative services the better it’ll be for your creative career, as these people can refer your services to others, get you introduced to certain contacts, and hire you as a result!
This is one major piece of advice that you need to implement into your marketing, that is the most efficient way to guarantee work coming through your door
Use These Marketing Tips To Level Up Your Marketing!
Marketing is essential to your success as a creative.
You may not think so, and you may think your talent will get you anywhere (which it might to a degree), but if you’re committed to consistently tell others about you, then you’ll create a consistent freelancing career.
This is something that you want to happen, as you always want work to come through your door, week in, week out.
Use these marketing tips to transform your marketing success, from offline to online marketing tips, that you can come back to in the future too!
I recommend you write some of these tips down so you don’t forget them, and make sure you follow through with these tips, which is the hardest bit!
Marketing can transform your success as a creative – now you just need to get out there!
Summary Of Points
- – Send Offline Marketing Material – In order to stand out, offline marketing is a great way to go. Send postcards, greetings cards, desk tidies to calendars, and really think about a great promotional material
- – Make sure you use your creative talents to your advantage by showing your images online. Include images within your Tweets, use images within your Facebook profile, and take great Instagram photos of your work! Let your work do the talking!
- – Network like crazy to help you reach out to other people, as the more people that know about you and your services, the better!
- – Be creative with your promotional material, and it’ll help you stand out!
So thanks for visiting today, be sure to leave a comment below, as we would love to hear from you. Be sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr, it will be great to see you on there. Thanks again, and have a great day!