Do you love designing?
Would you love to improve the quality of your designs?
Being a designer is highly rewarding, lets you dive into your creativity, and allows you to work on a different project and theme everyday.
However, to be the best designer around, you need to learn your craft, learn from your mistakes, and learn the best tips and tricks around.
Within this blog post, you’ll learn 3 epic design tips to enhance your graphic design work, so you not only make better designs and keep your clients and customers happy, you’ll also be improving your craft, something which is highly valuable within this industry.
If you want to level up your design work, look no further! So let’s get cracking!
It’s All About The Idea
The crucial element with great design is it’s idea.
If it looks great, but the design has a weak idea, then there’s no use for it. It dramatically decreases the value of the design, so don’t be let down by your idea.
Even though it’s crucial to come up with a good idea in order to produce better design work, coming up with a great idea doesn’t need to be difficult.
Here’s some tips to help you think of that next big idea;
- Always develop your idea from your sketchbook or layout paper first, and work with images, words and internet research to help you
- Do your research into your topic or theme to really help you understand the brief
- Expand your ideas, pull them apart, and see what ideas and angles you get from this approach
- Never be satisfied with your first idea, and see what other ideas you come up with, you never know what you may think of!
The idea process should be fun, liberating, and be the best part of your design development, so don’t get too bogged down with this process!
Approach The Computer At The End
In order to produce the best designs, you need to approach your computer towards the end of your design development, and should never be used in-between.
Failing to do so will end in an unclear idea, and your overall design will suffer as a result.
Why is this?
Because the computer forces you to look too much at the overall appearance of your design, and doesn’t put enough emphasis on the idea.
Great design is brought from a great idea, and the computer doesn’t help with this.
Much like the first tip above, it’s crucial that you work out your entire design within your sketchbook or layout paper first, before evening attempting to go near the computer.
This will ensure that you develop your design and it’s idea before making the final design.
Sure, you can research using the internet and gather image references, but it should be used to produce your final designs.
Always Ask Questions
The best designs are simple, and have their audience at heart every time.
Graphic Design is all about visual communication; how does the idea communicate towards the audience, how do they interact with the design, how does this idea work towards the audience?
All these questions are important within design, and you should always ask questions about your design work.
This makes you think about the design, and never lets you sit still. The great thing about asking questions about your work is this will transform your design work.
Use These Tips To Transform Your Design Work
The best design comes with practise, knowing your industry inside and out, and good formal education.
Graphic Design can be a brilliant occupation for anyone, but to really stand out in the industry, you need to be the best in the industry to create inspirational work.
Being average isn’t good enough, you need to always be improving to be the master, so use these tips to transform your design work – you won’t regret it!
Remember to submit your design work to us if you have a spare second – it’s free, you get to expose your artwork to a greater audience, and you can make some money on every t-shirt sold in our store.
We hope you enjoyed today’s design tips, we’ll love to hear what you think by commenting below!
Summary Of Points
- Graphic Design is all about the idea, if you have a lovely looking design, but it lacks that good idea, then it will fail. Always have your idea at the fore front of your design first
- Always start your design development within your layout paper or sketchbook, and only use your computer as a way to produce the final artwork
- Always ask questions about your work, and think about how your audience will react and communicate to your work, this will ensure that you’re always creating the best design that you can create
So thanks for visiting today, be sure to leave a comment below, as we would love to hear from you. Be sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr, it will be great to see you on there. Thanks again, and have a great day!